Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Mmm, Pizza Hut

By LifeAdviceSite.com

More Restaurant Reviews

http://marthalake.homestead.com/files/QuickSiteImages/PizzaHutLogo.jpg


http://musingsofamuslimah.files.wordpress.com/2006/03/Pepperoni Pizza.jpgPizza Hut, to me and my family, is something of a staple. They've been in operation over 50 years now, and I've been a patron for 30 of those years. Forget Zwieback Teething Toast, I cut my teeth on Pizza Hut pizza crust. For about 10 years straight, Friday nights in my house were Pizza Hut night, complete with a large pepperoni and extra cheese crust.

For a while, I'll admit - I strayed. My body's needs changed and I desired a lighter, thinner crust. For those times, another famous pizza chain fit the bill. For a long while, I cleaned up my eating habits and saw pizza as the enemy and accordingly, I stayed away. Since having met and married, however, I have been drawn back in by a husband who is as married to Pizza Hut pizza as I once was.

Pizza Hut is probably best well-known for their pan pizza - named so because it is baked in a deep-dish pan. Its crust is thick, golden brown, crispy, and glazed with a light coating of oil, which, although perhaps not the best choice for healthy cholesterol, is irresistible in its crispy, crackly texture.

Recently, I've reignited a love affair I once had with the salad bar that is available in most
full-service Pizza Hut restaurants. I've always been a healthy consumer of vegetables thanks to constant offerings at the dinner table while I was growing up, but in recent years, as I've uncovered all the health benefits of consuming fresh foods from nature, I've become somewhat obsessed, and I now crave vegetables as much as I sometimes crave chocolate.

Now, one of my favorite things to do with my husband is have dinner at our local Pizza Hut. He fills up on pizza and bread sticks. I gorge myself on lettuce, carrots, broccoli, bell peppers, cheese and a drizzle of dressing. Then I enjoy a slice or two of pepperoni pizza. That way I get the best of everything - fresh vegetable great for my health, cheesy, irresistible pizza, and a fully satisfied belly.


Pizza Hut's most recent transformation has been a highly publicized offering of pastas. Am I crazy, or does anyone else remember that Pizza Hut has always had spaghetti and ziti on the menu? OK, I understand - they're offering NEW pastas, and they want to make sure we know about it. Point taken.

Among the new pasta offerings are a rotini in a marina meat sauce, a chicken alfredo, and a mac
spctuscanipastas.jpgand cheese with bacon.

In my humble opinion, I will say that they are all delicious, although I have to say the alfredo chicken, with its smooth, subtle cheese flavor is probably my favorite. The meaty marina has a somewhat spicy kick which is exciting on the tastebuds, and the mac and cheese is creamy with a rich mouth-feel.

All of the pastas are baked, and come to the table with a
lovely crust of golden baked cheesy deliciousness.

When delivered, an aluminum tin nestled inside a cardboard box keeps them hot and tasty until they reach your door. If you're a regular consumer of take-out, pasta delivered to your door is a great alternative to having pizza delivered.

Pizza Hut has come a long way from the dark wood paneling of 20 years ago. They are emerging with a new image to meet the demands of a new generation, and if they keep turning out great pizza, fresh salad, and terrific pasta, I pledge that future generations of my family will also get the chance to cut their teeth on a nice, thick pizza crust (and maybe a peice of broccoli for a well-balanced knosh).

www.lifeadvicesite.com

The Pizza Hut name, logo and images are registered trademarks of the Pizza Hut Corporation.

No comments:

Post a Comment